• Home
  • >
  • Resources
  • >
  • Announcement

ANNOUNCEMENT

Resources The four-week preparatory TaLK orientation equips our scholars with the tools and materials necessary for teaching in the elementary school,and counsels for life in Korea.

Essay View
Seoul Application Office Closure 2015-05-12

Greetings from the TaLK Office!

The Teach and Learn in Korea Program announced a couple months ago about the uncertainty of the continuance of our program, and at the time of this announcement, Tuesday, May 12th, this remains the case. While our office is still under current and active discussions regarding the future of the TaLK Program, due to the uncertain nature of the 2016 year onwards, we will not be able to continue recruitment for the Spring 2016 (16th Generation) term at this point in time.

Subsequently, this notice is to announce that effective Monday, June 1st at 9:00am Korean Standard Time, the Seoul TaLK Office will no longer be accepting new applications.

To restate, applications will not be possible after the above specified date.

Our office will be updating the announcement section of the TaLK Website with more details regarding the future prospects of our program as they are confirmed and can be made available.

Quick Questions and Answers
I initially went through a local application office that was NOT Seoul. Now that those offices are closed, where can I direct my remaining document(s) to?
Please send all remaining documents directly to the Seoul TaLK Office. Failure to do so can result in significant delays in processing your application, as the local application offices do not send documents in a real-time, ongoing basis. Our address can be found here.

I already submitted an application. Does that mean its too late now?
Those who have already submitted an application may continue onwards. However, with the closure of the application period, this does indicate that competitiveness is up with total number of available placements now known to our office.

How many spots are available? What is my chance at success?
Information regarding specific statistics and prospects of success cannot be stated by the TaLK Office due to normal operating policies. Specifically, the probability of success is determined by the strength of any given application versus the competitiveness of the total pool, which cannot be easily determined as well.

When should I submit my application by?
Sooner is better than later. Though no specific deadline is set for applications in progress as of yet, if your application documents are significantly delayed, it may very well impact the probability of being deemed successful. As time goes on, competitiveness increases with remaining placements decreasing.

Attachment

PREV NEXT

List

• 교육부
  • The MOE is a central government entity sponsoring the TaLK Program.
  • International Education
  • EPIK (English Program In Korea)

TaLK Pre-
Training

Provides insight about what to
expect after joining the TaLK
Program

Go

TaLK In-Service
Training

Enhances TaLK Scholars’
teaching capabilities